Providence Health & Services Speech Language Pathologist - Home Health *$10K Sign On Bonus* in Burbank, California
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
This position offers a sign on bonus for eligible external candidates only.
Providence is calling a Speech and Language Pathologist - Home Health (Full-time/Day-shift ) to Providence Saint Joseph Home Health department. This position will be covering the Burbank and/or SF Valley areas.
We are seeking a Speech Language Pathologist who will evaluate patients of all ages regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, swallowing, and oral-motor disorders. Demonstrate proficiency in delivering care to assigned age-specific patient population (e.g. infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics).
In this position you will:
Demonstrates proficiencies in supervising and administering the performance of duties and responsibilities related to patient care and protection of patient rights:
• Performs patient evaluations and clinical proficiencies with use of therapeutic equipment and treatment principles within scope of licensure.
• Provides family/ caregiver training when needed and involves the patient & family in goal setting and addressing the educational and discharge needs of the patient.
• Reassessments are completed as stated in the standards of care.
• Clinical documentation including discharge summaries is completed per departmental standards.
• Communicates patient progress with interdisciplinary team and other disciplines.
• Adheres to and supports all regulatory standards.
• Documentation is completed within timeframe specified in departmental policy and procedure manual.
• Documentation is legible, organized and professional.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of the hospital information system and confidentiality policies.
• Documents short and long term goals in specific measurable time frame.
• Maintaining confidentiality of records.
• Performs billing duties accurately and timely.
Leadership and Supervision:
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate (verbal or written) in a positive, clear and professional manner. Offers constructive timely feedback in a confidential and non-threatening manner. Praises publicly, counsels confidentially.
• Assists staff in completing tasks or duties, directly supervising their clinical and professional actions.
• Assists with new and temporary staff orientation process.
• Demonstrates good listening skills, responds to needs and requests of others quickly and efficiently.
• Demonstrates responsibility for own professional growth and practice.
• Attends all mandatory staff development activities.
• Participates in community education / promotional activities.
• Meets all orientation and annual skill competencies required by organization and regulatory agencies.
• Participates in organizational and departmental performance improvement projects.
• Contributes to organizational and departmental performance improvement objectives.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Sufficient for license.
Good working knowledge of general and specialized clinical equipment.
Ability to organize and prioritize work, completes assignments on time.
Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative working relationship with patients, families and coworkers.
Ability to type and use a computer efficiently.
Ability to work effectively independently and with a team
Equipment Operation: Good working knowledge of general and specialized clinical equipment.
Current California State Speech Therapy License.
Current CA drivers license and auto insurance
About Providence Home Care
Providence Home Care has provided a full range of home health and clinical specialty programs to patients experiencing an illness, hospitalization or surgery, or for those receiving treatment for a chronic or acute illness. We embrace everyone in our South Bay, Westside, San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valley communities, from new mothers and their babies to the elderly with chronic health problems.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Speech Therapy
Req ID: 317913